Monday 11 May 2015

Should I quit my job to be with my child?


Are you about to plan for a child? Are you working and worry on how would you manage your kid and work? Are you feeling guilty because you leave your child and go to work? Are you the one who really looking for an answer on whether to work or quit?

We all are in dilemma and this situation is faced by most of the women who doesn't have a family support And weighing the pros and cons women decide and devise an answer.Just for e.g. if there is a financial obligation , no matter how much your heart bleeds, you still need to continue your job leaving your child with a home maid or day care. Or if you one really determined to continue your work, you would make sure to be on board.

Just a year back, I was in the same situation and I didn't knew what needs to be done. There were well wishers advising me "to quit" and "not to quit". We hired a maid , took  couple of months work from home, my mother came to settle down things. Read almost all websites and journals to seek an answer but all in vain. I guess I tried my level best to stay close to my kid and still working.But, somehow it wasn't happening.

 I used to go to work with a heavy heart and always used to miss my kid. Or if I had been working from home, just sitting in adjacent room and listening to your kid crying and howling , you need to be stone-hearted to get over it. I was really looking for an answer, and I sat the other day during my regular Reiki pratice I asked Reiki to provide me with a solution and balance things as it was pretty much chaotic. The answer I got was - Go With The Flow!!



And I decided to QUIT!!

As I was in my Reiki session, my heart only portraited me as a mother and so I had an answer.

While leaving your child does your heart beats faster than normal? Are you really anxious on how your kid would be in day care/ with maid?  Well, thousands of parenting websites and journals would say , that's natural. Then why do I need to tread in opposite direction?  We are so much used to sail in opposite direction that we never consciously know about it.

Our body at each and every point signals us, for anything wrong or problematic issues, but we are so engrossed in "maya[Magic]" and luxuries of life that we hardly notice them. Just for eg : if your shoulder is paining[unless its a muscular pain] did you ever thought "its because you are taking to too much responsibilities and it could go away once you delegate some". The very common "headache" is also a signal that your mind needs rest, but we would take a painkiller and then get busy with our laptops for Facebook or on our smart phone midnight to check whatsapp message. You just need REST!

Motherhood is a very special thing and there is a reason why it has been gifted to women. We should respect it. Separation Anxiety in kids actually leads to more stress, anger and frustration. Children are the purest soul and all they need is lots of love and love. You may have seen or heard in news kids [ current generation] getting angry and frustrated easily and also they are low in confidence and many kids actually go into depression. One of the reason is separation  from the loved ones.

No matter what, how good your day care is or how educated your home maid is ,the love and affection showered by a mother is incomparable. And its child birthright to get it. Just as mother's milk is like "amrit[sacred nectar]" to your little angel and so is your love and care.

Mamma... Please be with me always :)

The Power is Within YOU!
Samiksha

No comments:

Post a Comment